May 23, 2020 Elementary, Beg Nov, Novice, Training, Prelim $70
Each level has a ride time window above. Riders may go any time during that time frame. Riders may enter more than one round.
(We will be using the winter cross country course)
THE DERBY SPEEDS ARE SLIGHTLY HIGHER THAN REGULAR SJ TO INCORPORATE A BETTER FLOW OF A CROSS-COUNTRY JUMPS. COURSE LENGTH AND SPEED IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Rules: Hunt Club Farms Cross Country Derby will follow the USEA/ USEF jumping phase rules. All riders must wear ASTM/SEI Approved helmets. Protective vest and medical armband. Coaching at this derby is not permitted on course. We strive to have a well-organized show and to keep things flowing.
- There will be an audible signal to start. Fall of horse during jump phase is immediate Elimination and you must leave the course. Fall of Rider while jumping during approach or landing of a fence is Elimination and you must leave course.
- All entries must be paid in advance or you will not receive a ride time.
- Knock Down --- 4 points
- 1st refusal -- 4 points
- 2nd refusal ---at same fence --8 points
- 3rd refusal -- at same fence -- Elimination
- Fall of competitor-- Elimination
- Fall of horse -- Elimination
- 4 Refusals on whole course -- Elimination
- Exceeding Time limit (per second) -- .4 per second
- Leaving Course -- Elimination
- Scoring: Penalties in jumping are added to determine placing for each Division. Closest to Optimum time and lowest score wins. Ties Broken by the best time!
- All horses must have a Negative Coggins submitted with entry
- $25.00 cancellation fee if you cancel before the close date. After the close date there will be no refunds issued.
Show Secretary Tracy Zack
294 Longmarsh Rd., Berryville, VA 22611
Phone: (703) 431-1621 or (540) 325-4503