Saturday, September 2, 2017 Elementary, Beg Nov, Novice, Training, Prelim $70
|Level||Jumping Efforts||Course Length||Speed|
|Elementary 2'-2'3"||12-15||800m||300mpm *|
|Beg-Novice 2'7"||15-18||1500m||325mpm *|
|Novice 2'11"||20-21||1600m||350mpm *|
|Training 3'3"||22+||1740m||375mpm *|
|Prelim 3'7"||23+||1880m||400mpm *|
THE DERBY SPEEDS ARE SLIGHTLY HIGHER THAN REGULAR SJ TO INCORPORATE A BETTER FLOW OF A CROSS-COUNTRY JUMPS. COURSE LENGTH AND SPEED IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Rules: Hunt Club Farms Cross Country Derby will follow the USEA/ USEF jumping phase rules. USEF rules for cross country dress and tack be followed. All riders must wear ASTM/SEI Approved helmets. Protective vest and medical armband. Coaching at this derby is not permitted on course but highly encouraged on our Saturday schooling day.
There will be an audible signal to start. Except at Elementary level, you may circle in the open to slow, but not once you have approached a fence. Fall of horse during jump phase is immediate Elimination and you must leave the course. Fall of Rider while jumping during approach or landing of a fence is Elimination and you must leave course.
- Knock Down --- 4 points
- 1st refusal -- 4 points
- 2nd refusal ---at same fence --8 points
- 3rd refusal -- at same fence -- Elimination
- Fall of competitor-- Elimination
- Fall of horse -- Elimination
- 4 Refusals in whole course -- Elimination
- Exceeding Optimum Time ( per second) -- 1 point
- Exceeding Time limit (per secend ) -- Elimination
- Leaving Course -- Elimination
- Riders must wear ASTM/SEI approved helmet and body protection as well as a Medical arm band.
- Scoring: Penalties in jumping are added to determine placing for each Division . Closest to Optimum time and lowest score wins. Ties Broken by the best time!
All horses must have a Negative Coggins submitted with entry
Mail All Items to:
Show Secretary Tracy Zack
294 Longmarsh Rd., Berryville, VA 22611
Phone: (703) 431-1621